FREE REGISTERED SHIPPING IN SINGAPORE

THE DATAI PITCH : THE CORPORATE BROCHURE

The Datai is indeed a very special place. I was living and breathing The Datai for about a month for this pitch. What The Datai is, is that it is unique, there is only one. It did not come out of a template.

When I was looking at the collaterals for The Datai, it appeared to me how important the brochure needs to reflect the soul of the place. The current brochure is very stiff, rather corporate. I am not suggesting that we take away the grid system in designing editorial or go handmade and scrap booking. But the soul which is whimsical and poetic needs to come alive in each spread. This is achieved in the detailing. It is all about the choice of typefaces, the way the photographs are cropped, the way the grid system is manipulated to look effortlessly whimsical.


I love the copy here. I borrowed it from an old cruiseline ad.

I WILL STUDY A SUNSET.
I WILL BE NAKED MORE.
I WILL DISCOVER A COLOUR.
I WILL PUT FIRST THINGS LAST.
I WILL MESMERISE CLOUDS.
I WILL BE AMPHIBIOUS.
I WILL EAT A MANGO.
I WILL GET A REALLY GOOD TAN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact suz + till